Translate

Monday, February 24, 2014

My Beautiful Little Sister

I saw her today again with a big smile on her face. She looks happy if you looked at her. But her eyes says something else.
Her hair looks too nice makeup too smooth. She looks like she's lost a little weight. She's my sister my beautiful little sister. Not so little lol she's taller than me. She's looks like an Amazon Queen I don't lie.

I remember when she was so shy about herself. I told her all the time how beautiful she really was. She didn't even leave the house lol (only to fight). We grew up in NYC a tough neighborhood too. But she was one tough chick. Every guy tried to talk to her but she was so shy lol.
And I didn't help warned then she's too young. She was 14 and looked like she was 21 no lie. But I couldn't get her out the house. Then she moved to Florida and it was like watching a butterfly coming out it's cocoon. Her confident shot up 1000% I was so proud of her. She shines like a true star.
Then one day she didn't feel good and she's a healthy person. So we got scared and went to the hospital. She needed a blood transfusion. I thought what the hell!! I thought it was a cold or even a stomach virus.
They sent her home after and made sure she went to gynecologist. I was really scared but didn't show it. She went with her boyfriend at the time to get some results. I will never forget that phone call when she got home. I was sleeping almost was mad at her for waking me up lol.
She was crying so much I could understand too much. But I hear one word I never wanted to hear my little baby sister. The one I picked on when we were little, the one I had to shower with till I was 12 I hated that. But she hated showering alone my beautiful butterfly sister had CANCER!!!
I cursed life itself why not me Dammit!! I yelled to the sky. I rushed to her as  quickly as I could, didn't brush my teeth, didn't comb my hair, clothes were winkled. I just didn't give a shit. My husband had to drive me I couldn't see a thing. I couldn't stop the tears from coming.
When I got there I wiped my eyes put on the biggest smile I could. Walked up to her apartment and to charge of the situation. She was a mess laying on her bed. I turned to her boyfriend told him go get some food so I can cook for her.
Walked into her room my eyes hard. You see our mother died the year before lost her battle with breast cancer. I knew what she was thinking and hell no I wasn't going to lose my little sister. Looked right in her eyes never wavering.
You will cry all you want, be angry all you want, hate me and everyone all your want, but you will fight and toy will live cause if you don't I'm going to kick your ass lol. That made her smile and I almost cried but I needed to be strong she needed me to. I told her she was moving in no fighting with me.
She didn't and moved in that week. They didn't want to wait. My sister had and this is the medical definition:
"Endometrial cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the uterus. The uterus is the hollow, pear-shaped pelvic organ in women where fetal development occurs.
Endometrial cancer begins in the layer of cells that form the lining (endometrium) of the uterus. Endometrial cancer is sometimes called uterine cancer. Other types of cancer can form in the uterus, including uterine sarcoma, but they are much less common than endometrial cancer.
Endometrial cancer is often detected at an early stage because it frequently produces abnormal vaginal bleeding, which prompts women to see their doctors. If endometrial cancer is discovered early, removing the uterus surgically often cures endometrial cancer".
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometrial-cancer/basics/definition/con-20033696

They this to my little sister and was only 26 young no kids. At night when I put her to sleep which was hard when she had chemo therapy. I would go to my room and cry myself to sleep every night. But this wasn't about me it was about her so I never showed her my sorrow and my fears.

I yelled at her and sometimes I was very mean, but someone had to look past her pain and fears her sorrow and lose. Someone needed to be tough and make her eat and live.
She is 34 now happy again smiling again fighting with me again but I wouldn't have it any other way.

So here's some advice:
If you have someone you love that's going through cancer don't let them give up. Put your fears away they don't need that be tough let them cry all they want. But you make sure you don't show any fear put that shit away cause what they're going through isn't about you!!!! 
END! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, why did fate forget the geography? Is there something coming up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life always had a way of making things happen if you really want them

      Delete
  2. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete